| Half-way up the mountain |
| Success! |
| New mountain friends |
After the hail storm we scaled down the mountainside and made a beeline for the lake to find a place to sit in the dirt and eat cheese and bread like civilized people, as opposed to squatting on a wet rock in a hailstorm. Neither setting deterred me from enjoying that yummy cheese....
After devouring our snacks we climbed a tree, frolicked in a field and then decided to explore the ancient monastery that Glendalough is known for. It was built in the 6th century and was probably one of the most spiritual places I have ever been. Although parts of the ancient cemetery were completely covered in the most menacing thorns that have invaded my nightmares ever since.
| See the highest point on that mountain? So did we. & we climbed it. |
All-in-all, this weekend marked a turning point in my European experience. Now I know how easy it is to get lost in the country, and find myself in the mountains. Spring break starts this weekend, and Lora and I will hop a plane to explore Eastern Europe and see what Budapest, Prague and Berlin have to offer. Spring break also means this semester is half-way over and now that I'm about to round this corner, I can finally say I'm not ready to think about leaving. Blame it on the mountains.
we climbed the HELL out of that tree!!
ReplyDelete