We arrived fresh off a 7 hour train ride from Budapest. Laura and I had our own cabin (mostly) but the train itself was quite the experience; rolling hills, industrial blocks, a crying (non-English speaking) Hungarian man who was robbed of his passport and wallet, and a loquacious man from Barcelona who chatted with me about a variety of random subjects and offered up his sage European wisdom. Good times.
When we finally found our hostel, and we were let in by some fellow hosteling females, and we got acquainted with our new accommodations over a bottle of absolutely awful red wine that tasted like metal. Venturing out into the city to find some food was our first adventure following the disappointing vino - hell, I'm in Prague I should be drinking Pilsner. Which I did savor over a meal of goulash, at the same time discovering goulash isn't really my thing...Pilsner on the other hand, definitely my thing.
We walked around on our first full day, grabbed a tasty breakfast and started to walk towards Prague Castle - a steady uphill climb. Once we ascended the millions of stairs to the top, a sign for the toy museum caught my eye - it happened to be Barbie's 50th anniversary, and I wasn't about to pass up this opportunity to celebrate her existence. We saw way too many Barbies of all shapes and types but don't worry I'll spare you the excessive photographs and just share a couple of my favorites...
 |
| Badass Dready Barbie |
|
|
 |
| Scary prego barbie |
Then we saw the castle. Epic doesn't even begin to describe the extravagance and history behind it. The view from the castle, which I assume is the highest point in Prague, was equally as astounding.
 |
| Prague Castle |
 |
| More Castle |
I went out that night with my new friends Nina and Militza, two girls from Montenegro, staying in our hostel. We danced, we drank, we made some new friends....and then we went back to the hostel around 7am. As for the next day, add some more sight seeing, and repeat the previous night...
 |
| Lost in a park in Prague |
We walked around on our last full day for a while, ate some street food, drank some baileys & coffee in honor of paddy's day and wandered some more around the city. I went out again with the girls for our last night, this time only until about 4am, and then woke up at 7 for our bus to Germany. No regrets about that, the bus had some comfy seats so I rested up then for our Friday night in Berlin. Oh yeah I forgot to add that the girls were going to Berlin on the same day, on the same bus and staying in the same hostel. Miracle of miracles - Berlin was going to be just as silly.
 |
| Me and the girls before going out |
No comments:
Post a Comment