Anyways, my sugar intake has skyrocketed. Today alone consisted of a medium size bag of randoms (which are delicious gummies in silly shapes), half a pack of gum, as well as finishing Sarah's bag of skittles and to top it all off...
I finally made Laura's Birfday Cake!Homemade Cream Cheese frosting, raspberry preserves, fresh (okay frozen) fruit squished between two levels of decadent chocolate cake and topped with an excessive amount of cream cheese frosting.
NOM NOM NOM. Gosh I'm so domestic.
On another note, my new hula hoop came yesterday!! She's a hefty 3 pounds and means business. The directions insist not to hoop more than 3 minutes a day for the first week and naturally I hooped for collectively close to an hour. Woops. I did teach myself a new trick so it's worth all these bruises covering my hips right? Right. Thanks to the 30 minute walking commute each way to school all these sweets and pints haven't quite caught up with me yet - just in case, this weighted hoop should keep me ahead of the curves...haha. I tried to post a video of me hoopin' my new trick but failed epically at uploading it which is probably for the better anyways.
Our Dublin Lit class read "A Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde this week. I absolutely loved it, especially Lord Henry and his indulgent ideas. One of my favorite quotes I discovered is,
"Live the wonderful life that is in you. Let nothing be lost upon you. Be always searching for new sensations. Be afraid of nothing."- Oscar Wilde
The best thing about devouring this novel was reading it in Merrion Square, which is across the street from the office I intern in, and also where the statue of Oscar Wilde chills real hard, smoking his pipe.
Obviously we're close. Thank you HotWheels for capturing the essence of our relationship.
Now to get some homework done and prepare for London this weekend!
AKA. Hula hooping and casually eating the remnants of this luscious cake.


No comments:
Post a Comment