Friday, October 5, 2012

"Today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way"

I let go of the digital world a bit this summer, at least in terms of blogging. It's a pretty big deal for me even though Josh says he hasn't been able to 'unplug me' yet. I found that it's just not easy to wander around the country, collecting experiences by the basketful, and still find the time/ energy to share them with the digital universe. This isn't to say that I am returning my commitments to the blogging world, but I will be trying to record experiences more consistently. It should get easier since I've found myself in the same place for more than two months - well sort of. 


Enjoying the views at Lake Tahoe
I stopped to stay with my family in Breckenridge, CO in August, while on my way to San Francisco to work at Outside Lands Music Festival. I left my dog, Dutchie here in the mountains for the trip, knowing I would have to return anyways for Phish at Dicks... and here I am months later, watching the leaves on Aspens across the valley turn, leaving trails of gold littering the mountainside. Fall has just started and it seems is already rounding the corner to winter as the ski trails have a fresh dusting of snow each morning, but by evening the light coating has melted away in the late autumn sunshine. 


We made a new friend after dumping 2 huge bags of
flowers into the San Francisco Bay




My days are no longer spent filling gas tanks and using road maps as dinner plates, but filled with a constant scouring of craigslist for apartments/jobs, and chasing wagging tails around the hiking trails right outside of our temporary home in my Uncle's guest bedroom. I found someone to keep me company on this new chapter of my life adventure too and it looks like settling in the mountains with him seems to make the most sense - at least for the moment ;)





Hula Hoop break at rest stop in the desert
I enter this new part of my life with a smile knowing I've collected countless memories, traveled across many landscapes, and touched the lives of many amazing folks. I've danced entire nights away in Virginia, bathed in the mountain streams of North Carolina, daydreamed my way through the highways of Kansas, climbed mountains with friends in Utah, soul trained in San Francisco, hula hooped in the Nevada desert, kayaked in Lake Powell, reunited with phamily at Phish Dicks & Bill Graham and boogied with my mama at Red Rocks for Furthur. The closing song of Sunday's Furthur set was 'Brokedown Palace'. 





A perfect conclusion to a perfect summer.

"Mama mama many worlds I've known since I first left home."

1 comment: