Saturday, December 17, 2011

Wonder Where I'm Wandering


I'm not the biggest fan of the holidays, but I am all about any excuse to take a break from hectic schedules. This past semester has tested my time management skills more than ever before. Even though I'm not sitting in classes making to-do lists and weekly calendars, I still find myself struggling to make time for friends and family around the country.

Some of my Florida Family
This holiday break I will be spending the first few days with my Florida family.

Junior & Bailey - some more of my Florida family :)
Like many children of divorce with new ideas of 'family', I'm lucky enough to celebrate multiple Christmas'. After sunshine & shopping in Florida, it's back to Vermont to squeeze in some holiday hours at work in order to justify the next phase of my Winter break...

Dipping chocolate fruit up until Christmas Eve Day
After spending some quality time with my coworkers at EA, I will attempt to drive my lemon down to Connecticut on Christmas Eve. Hopefully the noises coming from Brandi's engine are nothing more than the ghost of roadtrips past, and maybe - just maybe - she'll get a new belt for Christmas! I'll squeeze in as many folks as I can see in the five days I will be in Connecticut, and then hop a train to New York City from the 29th-1st, to see Phish's NYE run at MSG!

NYE 2011 @ MSG :)

Absolutely stoked to be working the Waterwheel Foundation table at one of the shows, and boogieing down with some phine pholks on the 30th and 31st! Can't wait to dance the night away with H-jams & Shmeally!



Oh but it doesn't end there. After another epic NYE in NYC at MSG (gotta love acronyms), Becka, Andrew & I will be switching coasts for a few days to check out the San Francisco Bay area. Since we're all thinking about moving there after graduation (Cinco De Mayo!) we figured what a great excuse to go out for a visit.

No matter where you are or what you are celebrating this holiday season, it's important to not get wrapped up in family drama and stress. You may not be able to seek refuge across the country with a family-free vacay, but try to schedule in some 'you-time' this winter break. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment